Our expertise includes the treatment of vocal cord paralysis, nodules, muscle tension dysphonia and other voice disorders. We help our clients attain the best possible use of their voice and the most relief from their vocal symptoms.
Voice therapy is individualized based on the unique needs of each client. A voice therapy program at NYSS may include:
- Patient Education – Clients learn about the anatomy and physiology of normal voice production and the problems associated with voice production specific to their voice disorder.
- Eliminating Abusive Behaviors – The clinician and client work together to identify and reduce behaviors that are contributing to their voice disorder.
- Perceptual Training – Clients increase their awareness of various parameters of their voice (pitch, loudness, quality, flexibility) and how they use their voices.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Therapy – The therapist conducts ongoing voice measurements to evaluate the efficacy of voice therapy.
- LSVT Loud®(Lee Silverman Voice Treatment) is provided by our LSVT Loud® certified therapists for individuals with Parkinson’s disease, aging voice, vocal cord paralysis and other neurological disorders.
- Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy (LMRVT) focuses on achieving a specific configuration of the vocal folds and muscles immediately above the vocal folds by training the client to respond to sensations of vibration in the face.